The Tucson Arthritis Support League’s Scholarship Award Program was established in 1987 to provide tuition assistance to Arizona college students with arthritis. Tuition scholarships are offered in varying amounts for students in the Arizona University System and for students in the Community College System.
The following requirements must be met for a student to receive an award:
- An applicant must be a resident of the State of Arizona
- An applicant must be accepted for admission or currently enrolled in an accredited Arizona College or university program leasing to a degree
- A copy of the applicant's transcript must accompany the application
- An applicant must provide a narrative describing his/her disability and need for financial assistance
- An applicant must provide certification of diagnosis of arthritis by a physician
- An applicant must provide three letters of recommendation from individuals with knowledge of applicant's academic work
- An applicant may provide additional pertinent information to TASL
When the student has fulfilled all the criteria to be eligible, the application should be sent to the Tucson Arthritis Support League's scholarship committee for consideration. The awarded scholarship money will be sent directly to the bursars office of the applicant's school of choice and deposited in the applicant's tuition account.